From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Mujtaba
Merchant
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 2:15 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Harasment even in Indian Railways for Disabled
Persons.

This might help you, I got this information from another mailing list.
It has the number to  railway complaint.

Keep this Railway Complaint Number in your Mobile

Incident 1

It happened few months back. We were travelling and I and my family were
waiting in the A/C waiting room at Secunderabad Station. The attached
bathroom was not clean and was giving bad smell. Added to this
discomfiture,
the bathroom door was not closing tight , and I also observed that
shutter
was not closing tight because of faulty door closer. I complained to the
attendant .

I also sent an SMS " The bathroom of A/C waiting room on platform No 1
of
Secunderbad Station is dirty and stinking. Pl arrange cleaning . Also
the
the door is not closing properly". After few minutes we left the waiting
room as our train arrival was announced. Within few minutes I received
text
reply from Railways, giving an Id No and that action will be taken .
After
few hours I received a message that the bathroom has been cleaned .
After
ten days I received another message that the faulty door has been
repaired
and thanking me.

Incident 2

Recently on 24 th October I and my wife were travelling by Hyderabd
Ajmer
Express on our Rajasthan trip. Next day morning , I noticed there was no
water in the bathroom and the taps are all dry, where as our journey
will
continue and we will be reaching our destination ( Bhilwara near Ajmer)
after another 18 hours. I was worried that it is going to be a miserable
time to travel without water. Water or No water, people will continue to
use
the bathrooms and the stink will become unbearable. I complained to the
Conductor. I also sent a SMS "Traveling in the A1 compartment of
Hyderabad
Ajmer express train No 12720. No water in the bathrooms . Pl arrange.
Also
replace leaking valves else problem repeats." Pat came the reply" Your
reference id is 1110250019. For status visit www.scr.indianrailways.in
<http://www.scr.indianrailways.in/> . or SMS as STATUS<SPACE><id> TO
8121281212 . Thanks for registering complaint " . After about 20 minutes
received message that water will be filled at the nearest Railway
station
having water filling facility. At Itarsi station water was filled and we
had
no problem . After about a week I received another message that the
faulty
valves have been replaced . It was amazing.

I am thankful to the Railway authorities for introducing a system where
one
can complain from a running train and doubly grateful that they have
acknowledged the complaint and attended.

I collected this help line number from the Railway waiting room !

Many times while travelling by train we are put to unexpected
inconvenience
, we react by cursing and criticizing. No other response. Of course once
we
reach our destination we just forget.

There is no use in cursing the darkness around you, do light a candle
however small it be, it gives an inspiration and ten more candles will
be
lit . The process continues reducing the darkness.

The Railway Number to which you can SMS is 8121281212 . Please pass on
this
message to your friends and it may help some one in need including you.