If our justice system was prompt we would have been a better country,
better society. I am studying law and can't stop wondering that
majority of the provisions illustrate how an accused should not be
treated unfairly. THe only respite to victims are a meagre punishment
awarding clauses.

I pray and hope it will soon change at least through judicial activism
as mentioned my Mukesh if not through parliaments where ------- keep
glabbering, example, Mahanoobhav Shri. Shri. Laalu Prasad Yadav.

rgds

On 12/14/12, mukesh jain <mukesh.jai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> Uniformity in age of consent under sections 375 and 376 of Indian
> Penal Code, 1860, to bring it in conformity with the Child Marriage
> Restraint Act, 1869
> Whether exception to section 375 should be deleted
> Whether section 155 clause 4 of the Indian Evidence Act 1872 needs to
> be amended or deleted.
> Whether statutory provisions are needed for compensation to the rape victim
> Whether provisions for legal aid should be made mandatory under laws.
> Death penalty to persons convicted for rape
> Recommendation for enhancement of punishment in cases where the
> accused, with the knowledge of suffering from HIV infection/AIDS,
> infects the victim as a result of rape.
> It is necessary that trials must be held without delay and that the
> panchnama is recorded properly. Women must be made aware that it is
> against the law to arrest them at night. Also, a policeman cannot
> touch a woman when he is arresting her. The statements of women should
> be recorded in the presence of a relative, friend or a social worker.
>
> Earlier, any discrepancy in the statement of the victim was supposed
> to indicate that the victim was lying. In recent times, the Supreme
> Court has said that minor, insignificant contradictions in the
> statement of the prosecutrix should not be a ground for discarding an
> otherwise reliable prosecution case. A FIR (First Information Report)
> is an initiation to move the legal machinery and investigate a
> cognisable offence. Therefore, no FIR should be quashed without an
> inquiry. The court should also refrain from being a silent spectator
> while the victim is being cross-examined by the defence lawyer. It
> should ensure that the victim is not harassed or humiliated.
>

> On 12/14/12, akhilesh <akhil.akhi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Ekanath,\
>>
>> You have raised a very valid point with regard to the time taken in
>> jusstice delivery system. I’m finding it difficult not to comment on
>> this issue. .
>>
>> As you know, these type of cases fall under the criminal offences, and
>> government is responsible for aranging the lawyers for victims.
>> needless to say, in most of the cases public prosecutors are highly
>> incompetant or salable for a few bux.  A person has the right to
>> choose the lawyer of his or her own choice, but this exists in statute
>> books only.
>>
>> Social or human rights lawyers often face such difficulty when working
>> for justice to victims. In rarest of the rare cases special public
>> prosecutors are appointed, for which, one has to really work hard!!!
>>
>> Other members working in legal field will of course, correct me or
>> clarify if I’m missing something, or adding extra!
>>
>> On 12/14/12, Asudani, Rajesh <rajeshasud...@rbi.org.in> wrote:
>>> Her testimony i.e. nonvisual recognition of the perpetrator should be
>>> given
>>> due weight along with other medical and circumstantial evidence.

>>> her. Before fleeing from the house, he even threatened the victim that
>>> he
>>> would kill her if she told anybody about the incident.
>>>
>>> Police said that the victim's 8-year-old mentally challenged younger
>>> brother
>>> was asleep in the same room when the incident took place. The victim's
>>> father has been out of town for the last two days.
>>>
>>> Police said the victim even suffered minor bruises while resisting him.
>>> The
>>> incident came to fore when the victim's mother returned home from work
>>> in
>>> the evening and found her daughter frightened. While asking her what
>>> happened, the mother found blood stains on her dress understood the
>>> matter.
>>>
>>> With the help of her neighbours, she reported the matter to senior
>>> officials
>>> at Vayusena Nagar, who approached Gittikhadan police. On confirming the
>>> medical reports, a rape case was registered.
>>>
>>> The girl's statement was recorded after she was declared fit by doctors.
>>> Later, a police team headed by Bhende was sent to Telgote's house to
>>> arrest
>>> him.
>>>

>>> THE TIMES OF INDIA
>>>
>>> Source:
>>> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/Neighbour-rapes-12-year-old-blind-girl/articleshow/17605902.cms
>>> of
>>> mobile phones / Tabs on:

>>> please
>>> visit the list home page at
>>>

>>> Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, smses or makes
>>> calls
>>> asking for personal information like your bank account details,
>>> passwords,
>>> etc. It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not respond in
>>> any
>>> manner to such offers, however official or attractive they may look.
>>>
>>> Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
>>> and
>>> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
>>> addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
>>> use,
>>> review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained
>>> in
>>> this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If
>>> you
>>> have received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or
>>> telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any
>>> attachments. The recipient should check this email and any attachments
>>> for
>>> the presence of viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability
>>> for
>>> any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

>>> of
>>> mobile phones / Tabs on:

>>> please
>>> visit the list home page at

>> Akhilesh Dahiya,
>> Advocate.
>> Mobile: +91 9818798780
>> Email: akhil.akhi...@gmail.com
>> New Delhi

>> of
>> mobile phones / Tabs on:

> Regards,
> Mukesh jain
> Email:
> mukesh.jai...@gmail.com
> muk...@mukeshjain.org
>
> website:
> www.mukeshjain.org
> Skype: mukeshjain211
> Mob: 09977165123
> "Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them
> master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight. "
>
> Helen Keller

“The waves breaking on the surface draw all the attention,
but it is the current beneath the water that determines your direction.”