From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Padmanabham
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:27 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Employment Data needed on disability

may i too get the same?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sruti disAbility Rights Centre" <sruti.d...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 6:29 PM

Dear Swati,

Few years ago TCS and CII Eastern INdia jointly did a study on Employment
and Persons with Disabilities - I have the synopsis of the report with me.
As this list does not allow attachments, I am sending the same to your mail
id.

Regards
Shampa Sengupta

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Swati Saxena
<swatisaxena...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> say!RegardsSwati Saxena  > From: asifmaiq...@hotmail.com
> > Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 11:49:29 +0530
> > To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
> > CC: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
> > Subject: Re: [AI] Employment Data needed on disability
> >
> > Hi i am afraid that itc corporate office strongly discourage hiring pwds
> >
> > Ihad a bad experienze four years ago when i appear for interview
> > I cleared all round interview but still Refused offering anything up to
> their organisation a sticky that they feel internally discomfort in hiring
> person with disabilities firemen I'm glad you're keeping the initiatives
> I'll do you reset it will change your perception Hui
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > On 16-Mar-2013, at 2:44 PM, "Swati Saxena" <swatisaxena...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > > Hello members,
> > >
> > > I will be interning with ITC Ltd. As a part of my project in
> > > the organization, I have the opportunity to open the doors of this
> conglomerate
> > > for people with any kind of disability.
> > >
> > > For this purpose, I need comprehensive data and information
> > > for making this opportunity work for all. I need the population of
> people with disability
> > > in India, rate of unemployment, willingness to work, information on
> education (what
> > > kind of courses are pursued and level of education), government
> aids/benefits
> > > provided to organizations hiering people with disability and
> satisfaction with current
> > > job. For strengthening my case, I also need to know how quickly they
> switch
> > > jobs, companies with best practices for hiering and retaining people
> with
> > > disability, attitude of customers towards such companies, from what
> sources
> > > people can be hired and any other related information which I will
> require to
> > > work this out.
> > >
> > > Note: I need information across disabilities and not just limited
> > > to visual impairment / blindness.
> > >
> > > Folks, if the data supports I will be able to make ITC Ltd. as
> > > the "Employer of Choice" for people across all the disabilities. The
> project
> > > lies entirely in my relm, so I can do this with ease if I get the
> perfect data
> > > for supporting my case.
> > >
> > > Kindly suggest me the websites I can visit or people I can
> > > contact for gathering data on this front. People please keep flowing
> > > information for making this work for all of us.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance and best Regards
> > >
> > > Swati Saxena
> > >

> > > MA in Human Resources Management & Labor Relations
> > >
> > > Tata Institute of Social Sciences
> > >
> > > Batch of 2012-2014
> > >
> > > Mumbai, India
> > >

> > > Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing
> accessibility of mobile phones / Tabs on:

ia.org.in

> > > Search for old postings at:
> > > http://www.mail-archive.com/accessindia@accessindia.org.in/
> > >
> > > To unsubscribe send a message to
> > > accessindia-requ...@accessindia.org.in
> > > with the subject unsubscribe.
> > >
> > > To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,

> > Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility
> of mobile phones / Tabs on:

ia.org.in