Taken from the Braille monitor, April 2013

                     Dale, Gale, and Their Braille Tale

                            by the NFB BELL Team

I am Dale and I read Braille.
I am Gale. What is Braille?

Braille is dots, lots and lots.
Each dot has its special spot.

"Why read Braille?" inquires Gale.
"I'd rather climb a mountain trail.

Dale, these dots are hard to see.
Large print is fine, so let me be."

"I do not have vision, Gale.
That is why I must read Braille."

"Would you read Braille here or there?"
"I could read Braille anywhere.
O dear Gale, I love my Braille."

"Would you read it in a house?
Would you read it to a mouse?"

"I do read it in my house.
I do read it to my mouse.

I do read Braille here and there.
I do read Braille anywhere.
O dear Gale, I love my Braille."

"How about that silly print?
Could you read it in a tent?

Could you read it in the night?
Could you read it without light?"

"I could read Braille at the park!
I could read Braille in the dark!
I do read Braille here and there.
I do read Braille anywhere.
O dear Gale, I love my Braille!"

"Would you read Braille in a box?
Would you teach Braille to a fox?"

"I could read Braille in a box.
I couldn't teach Braille to a fox."

"Why can't you teach it to a fox?"
"He couldn't feel it through his socks.

I could teach it to a girl.
Hey, look at that, there goes a squirrel.

We could read it in a tree.
You could read Braille, don't you see?

I do read Braille here and there.
I do read Braille anywhere.