Interesting idea, please elaborate or clear for people to understand the
consept.
-----Original message-----
From: Alok Kaushik
Sent:  21/11/2013, 11:46  am
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issuesconcerning the
        disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] Announcing the AI convention dates

Dear Mr. Harish,
Here is my suggestion. This idea can be further refined by discussing with
people experienced in this area.

Topic: Social entrepreneurship in the area of accessibility / social
sensetization / counselling / rehabilitation / improving quality of life

Background:
There may be several individuals, like me, who are more than willing to work in
the social domain or possibly make it as as a key purpose in their lives. I
think that it is extremely important to help in enabling this segment of
individuals to take a significant step in overall scalability.

This could greatly enhance geographical reach as well as cater to many more
aspects.

Following points / aspects can be covered in this regard.
- Providing informational guidance regarding setting up a social
entrepreneurship venture, ongoing operations and compliance, etc.
- Creating a pool of individuals who are looking to work full time or part time
in this area and have a drive to make a positive contribution. This can be for
individuals who are looking at this as an employment opportunity, as well as
for those who see this as something much more than employment.
- Create a pool of mentors and guides who can provide a need based guidance
during various stages of such a venture.
- Create a platform / formal or informal group where all such individuals can
connect and get started.

In many cases people may be given a generic advice of getting associated with
one of the existing organizations. While this could work for many cases, I see
following limitations in that.
- Any individual who has such an inner drive is very likely to have an idea
about what and how he / she may want to do, which may not be what the nearby
organizations may be doing.
- Geographical location of such organizations may be a limitations for many
individuals.
- Individuals who are already leading these organizations and have established
certain way of functioning may not appreciate any significant change in it.
- Individuals would be functioning at different levels and would have different
types of expertise, which may not be satisfactorily used.
- It is not a scalable approach.

Thanks.
Alok