From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Amar Jain
Sent: 04 February 2014 04:39
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] American Express Card users with thumb impression anyone?

Hi Mam,

Thanks for the response; as a matter of practice I am still using thumb
impression till I do not obtain comfort and a predictable result with my
signature, which I am still practicing. And that is where the problem is
coming from.

Previously they sighted legal issues, which I could easily take care of due
to the circulars and legal provisions of laws, but now here is another angle
of Risk Management. Due to the absense of biometric devices, they are not
happy to process it sighting this angle.

I have spoken with RBI (Department of Banking Operations and
Development) which issued the circular, and their view is that absense of
biometric devices cannot be the reason to deny this facility to you. So if
that ground is put forward by them, it is open to challenge.

Based on my discussions and email communications I understand that in U.S.
and other jurisdictions people either use signature or draw a letter in
presence of a witness.

Amar Jain.
Website: www.amarjain.com

Time to meet up again!
Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014:

ia.org.in

sent through this mailing list..