i endorse your opinion sir, but, it is not always right that if the disabled person would be incharge of any disability related authority, he would work for real upliftment of disabled. in madhya pradesh Mr. K.K. rathi was the state chief comissioner for the disabled person, but, he did nothing for the upliftment of the disabled people. instead he was saving his own business with political influance.

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Abraham" <geo...@eyeway.org> To: "'AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe disabled.'" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2014 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Again brutal lath charge at Rahall Gandhi's house

In is not only about votes, we also need to demand representation in
Parliament. Further it is time the Department of Disability affairs must
have persons with disabilities in charge. The Department has been in place
for over a couple of years now, nothing  significant has come out of it.
Along side this protest and movement on the street, I think it is time we
begin  an organised assault in the media as well as  social media.

Fight for the  law is great but time has come for us to aggressively put
pressure on Govt to deliver services and ensure all acts of the Govt
involves an includes us.

Also, it is time that some of us disabled people need to join political
parties so that the parties can be influenced from the inside.

Hats off to Pincha sahib for making such a bold move. This move has to be
appreciated. I do hope the PM agrees to see him.