hello brother,
i'm also a student with RP. i'm also a college drop out in engineering
due to my low vision. the management was that much cruel to me.  but
now i'm doing b.sc  in the same subject (computer science) in another
college. i also had the same mind that you have. just try to move out
of that attitude. now i cannot read any printed materials. i'm using
screen reader for my studies. not only a sited person can do something
but also the low vision can do anything in this world. our
technologies are that much advanced. you can do anything if you are
ready to  accept your disability and focus your ability.     i prefer
you to use screen reader instead of magnifier because while we use
magnifier it will be strain for our eyes. it wont be good for your
vision. i'm suggesting this because you are having RP. otherwise its
good.
i'm glad to say one thing. you are at the right place. i mean this
mailing group. you will get great support and guidance from these
experienced  experts in this mailing list. you can share any queries
and doubts  about your career. you are warmly welcome to this
wonderful group.
Rock your life brother. you are something special...!!!  god bless you.
your mind makes your future.
On 7/18/14, sajalarora007 <sajalarora...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I am sajal arora from panipat haryana
> I am a patient of retnitis pigmentosa aand am 20 years old. I left my
> studies recently due to the low vision and now I have nothing to do. My
> vision is suitable enough to access pc using magnifier and smartphone using
> the normal text. I want a sugessions regarding my studies . I am looking for
> admission in capcutta university. What are the formalities that are required
> to get admission under low vision and what are the disability advantages
> that are provided by the gov. For us?
> Sent from Samsung Mobile

With Warm Regards,
Rejin Jose