From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Bhavya shah
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2015 11:38 AM
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning
the disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] headphones work when half plugged only, not when unplugged
or fully plugged

Hi,
Vedprakash,
This issue began from yesterday, before that, everything worked well with
the same laptop and same headphones.
I doubt proper hardware (headphones) drivers are not installed, since in
that case, these headphones wouldn't have worked before either.
Anyways, how could I ensure that proper headphone drivers are installed?
Dinesh,
In NVDA Synthesizer dialog, you can choose the desired Output Device.
The default setting which I've never changed from the beginning is Microsoft
Sound Mapper which always has worked. I tried switching to Speakers &
headphones, and also Headphones RDC, but neither restored the audio system
to how it worked before. This issue persists with both NVDA & JAWS, and
Electronic Piano (a piano application).
Thanks.

sent through this mailing list..