Talking about Margherita With A Straw, she says, "It is Laila's (Kalki
Koechlin) coming of age story and there are two women who play a
substantial role in inspiring her to become the person she eventually
becomes. One is her mother and the other is the character I play.
Laila meets me when she comes to study in New York, at a protest
rally. I'm among the people firing slogans, and am blind. It's the
first time she meets someone who is also differently-abled, but is a
person of her own and has a lot of mettle and fire within her. She is
completely awe-struck by me and goes through a journey with me to
understand how to celebrate herself. My character has a lot of passion
and at no point in the film do you see her regretting that she can't
see. She just goes out there and lives her life. The movie as a whole,
I feel, shows you a great representation of women, also because it is
made by Shonali who is a very independent woman herself."
Read more: http://www.asianage.com/bollywood/born-shine-celluloid-889

Sayani Gupta

--
Avinash Shahi