From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of gufran ahmed
Sent: 09 April 2015 06:27 AM
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning
the disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] tikona wireless broadband review needed

so here are my questions for you.
1: do you use wifi router with this connection?
2: if yes, could you specify the brand and model of that modem?
and the last question is does tikona has the option for bypass login while
using wifi? router with the connection, as i am aware that one has to login
from the pc/phone in-order to brows the internet.
with thanks and regards gufran.

On 4/8/15, Mahesh S. Panicker <maheshspanic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I have been using Tikona for more than a year now.
> My experience with them has been a mixed one. I used an MTNL
> connection earlier, the service was godawful....... MTNL's 512 KBPS
> unlimited plan is slightly cheaper than that of Tikona who's plans
> starts with 1 MBPS, but the Tikona 1 MBPS unlimited plan is cheaper
> than that of MTNL. So in terms of money, its pretty much good. As for
> the service, they give a demo test before giving the connection, and
> when the connection works, the speed is consistently good. But I've
> had a couple of instances wherein I had major issues with the
> connection. Ones It went off for more than 2 weeks, ones for 10 days.
> The call centre is there is 24-7, but their responses are on trained
> lines, sounding like an automaton....... But to be fair, they did
> provide me with a refund for the period the connection didn't work,
> adjusting it with the next bill. Considering all aspects, I think its
> not a bad option to consider. I would also suggest you check out
> Spectra net as well as Reliance wired broadband. With Reliance, the
> wired broadband at least in Delhi, has some really attractive packages
> at pretty good rates unlike the wireless one, and Spectra too has some
> good plans though their coverage is not as wide as that of Tikona.
>
> On 4/8/15, Zujar Shabbir Kanchwala <zujarbri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using Tikona since Nov 2011 and am happy using it. They've
>> provided 2 roof-top devices when they were stolen from the building's
>> terrace and two power adapters when they ceased to function without
>> incurring any cost.
>> Yes!
>> It's cheaper than other broadband services but you may also check
>> MTNL/BSNL, believe they may be cheaper. Good connectivity though a
>> couple of instances of sluggish/no connectivity. Good service except
>> once when the connection was down and I had to escalate the matter to
>> the appellate authority to get the connection restored.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Zujar.

ia.org.in

please