On 4 Apr 2008 at 0:40, Mike Webb wrote:
> I don't want to argue with anyone, I'm genuinely curious as to why
> someone with webmail or POP3/SMTP email access might have a need for
> ACCMAIL services. Maybe there's an angle I'm not aware of.

I think many, perhaps most, ACCMAIL users live or work in
countries where access to the WWW exists in principle --
but in practice it is too slow or expensive to be of any
use.

I can cite myself as an example. Most of the time I live
in an EU country where I have an excellent broadband service.
Occasionally I return to the main university of a country
where I used to live. It is in Southern Africa, and is
impoverished. The telecom infrastucture is in a poor state.
A web page might take 30 mins to download.

So I use ACCMAIL methods. I have installed Pegasus Mail on
a USB flash drive, and my POP3/SMTP service is gmail.com.
This method works -- slowly, but effectively. I can do this
anywhere I can find a machine which has a USB port and runs
on MS Windows.