Since the registry that we are registering into does not fulfill the
preconditions of RFC 7120 Section 2 point (a), I think the next step is to send
the registration to IANA using the protocol parameters form [1].  The
application should reference the I-D as well as the message from the DE [2] —
there will be another interaction between IANA and DE and then we should be
done.  To do so without further friction, the I-D probably should have been
updated to align with [2].

[1]: https://www.iana.org/form/protocol-assignment
[2]: https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core-parameters/current/msg00024.html

Grüße, Carsten