Peter Kharchenko wrote:

>  I am writing a custom voter implementation and have a question
> regarding how configuration attributes are being fed to the voters.

Hi Peter

Basically the AccessDecisionVoter.supports(ConfigAttribute attribute)
method is structured the way it is because we want
AbstractSecurityInterceptor to poll every possible voter and run-as
manager and after-invocation manager to see if somebody is able to
"digest" or "process" a particular ConfigAttribute.

At actual decision time, the AccessDecisionVoter.vote(Authentication
authentication, Object object, ConfigAttributeDefinition config) method
accepts the full ConfigAttributeDefinition because a voter might make
different decisions based on the presence of extra attributes on the
particular secure object invocation.

Hope this helps clarify the rationale.

Cheers