That's great to hear someone is working on this.  However, I'm
wondering if it's possible to make it more transparent to the user.
For example, have some sort of bean or filter that's OpenID aware and
has a list of servers to talk to. If there's two dots in the username,
Acegi attempts to authenticate with open id (through some background
call that's transparent to the user).  If not, it attempts normal
authentication.

Is there any problem with providing this type of transparency?  I like
the idea behind having the openid string and username come from the
same text box.

http://www.pjhyett.com/posts/213-openid-isn-t-going-to-work-unless

I don't know about the fake e-mail address in the above post, but I
like the idea of assuming openid when no password is entered.

Matt

--
http://raibledesigns.com