Hi Experts,

In our new web application we are trying to accomplish the following:

Authentication (login) should be done using a RADIUS server. Currently,
we are thinking of using JAAS and another open source library "Java
Radius Client" (http://jradius-client.sourceforge.net/) that provides a
RDIUS LoginHandler for JAAS.

However, this RADIUS server will not provide any additional user
information to fill in the UserDetails object, especially it does not
provide any GrantedAuthority.
In order to accomplish this, the requirement is to put this information
in simple tables inside the application database (very similar to the
proposed sample SQL schema).

Now my question is: what would be the best practice to accomplish this?
I have a rough idea by overwriting the JaasAuthenticationProvider and
adding code to read the AuthorityGranters from the database and possibly
replace the authenticated Principal with the one retrieved from the DB.

However, I was wondering if there would be a better, more elegant way
without having to modify Acegi code. I suspect this is not such an
unusual requirement and someone else might have solved it already.

Thanks for any answers,
-Uli

P.S. As you might have gathered already, I am fairly new to Acegi, so
bear with me if my question does not make too much sense.

Ulrich Romahn
Optaros, Inc.
www.optaros.com

333 Bryant Street - Suite 110