I don't see the distinction between what LE deploy and ACME as defined
by the IETF being any different to the distinction between whatever
any other CA currently deploy and the IETF spec.  It's a thing that
exists, but I see no reason to accord the LE proprietary protocol any
special status other than by acknowledging provenance.

This is the IETF version of ACME, and as such it needs no version
qualification.  I doubt that there will be any confusion from this
being deployed alongside the proprietary LE protocol.