> Example: Suppose that CAA-PKP got added (restrict issuance on SPKI key).
Implementing that without knowing the public key at validation time is
annoying.

Can you expand on "annoying"?

It seems completely possible to reject the order finalization message based
on a CAA-PKP property. In-fact, we already have to be rechecking CAA for
authorizations validated more than 8 hours ago at the time of issuance so
there must be code in place to check CAA at finalization and clients must
be prepared for their order to be rejected at finalization based on CAA
already.

I don't see how this is any more annoying.

- cpu