In a similar vein, another small but real world example where this being
standardized would be useful is Certbot has the flag —allow-subset-of-names
that causes it to not treat it as a failure if you cannot complete all
authorizations and instead obtain a certificate only for the identifiers you
were able to successfully obtain valid authorizations for. We currently don’t
support this wildcards because we’re unable to differentiate an authorization
for a wildcard from one for the base domain.