On 10/09/2018 03:28 PM, Diego R. Lopez wrote:

If I understood this compromise proposal, that implies to put STAR out of play… Or am I missing something?

Not at all, it just means that STAR needs to define a new field on the Order resource that specifies a polling URL for frequently-updating certificates. This is probably a good thing anyhow, since the semantics of STAR are different than the normal semantics of baseline ACME. In baseline ACME, the contents of the certificate URL generally don't change after issuance, but in STAR, the goal is to have some URL whose contents are expected to change periodically to contain the most recently issued certificate for the relevant names.