Did you try to change the local Group Policy of the IIS-Machine not to
prompt the user to change password before it expires? Maybe it's somehow
connected with this mechanism.

The GPO is underneath

Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local
Policies / Security Options

And is named

Interactive logon: Prompt user to change password before expiration

Just a guess.

Gruesse - Sincerely,

Ulf B. Simon-Weidner

  Profile & Publications: