What I would be interested to find out is:

1.  What is the WAN link speed for the proposed 2nd AD site?
2.  How much free available bandwidth do you have between the two desired
sites?
3.  How many users sit in the proposed 2nd AD site?

If you have a fast reliable WAN connection (like a pair of bonded T-1s or
higher) between the 2 sites then perhaps you don't need the 2nd site.

I understand subnetting and it's possible to use a different subnet mask to
achieve a separate subnet.  However there should be a compelling reason to go
to a second AD site before deploying it that requires it as this might save you
making things more complex than required.

Regards,

Chuck