Brian,

Thanks for the feedback - yes I think two T-1s or maybe even one is overkill.
 But you do have to consider the WAN infrastructure before determining sites.
 The number of users is a factor if you consider each user is probably on a
workstation.  In the scenario we never had the information of why a separate
site was being decided.

I'm not sure the person in question really needs a site and that's why I'm
asking these questions -- you could technically have a fractional T-1 link and
handful of users and still stay with a single site rather than having a
remote site.  There are two areas of consideration -- authentication traffic
but
also replication traffic so both have to be included.   I've personally found
that a lot of people will decide to create additional sites when they often
don't need to be created.

Regards,

Chuck