Associate Expert

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 10:45 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Do you allow users to add computers to AD
themselves?

We allow local site admins to create and join workstations. We require them
to submit tickets to the domain admins to create server objects. We have a
script that scans the domains and if we find server objects in workstation
OU's (i.e. not created by the domain admins) we put them in jail - i.e. an
OU only enterprise admins have access to and wipe the ACL on the server
object and disable it. It prevents them from using it and reusing the name.
Also if we find workstations not following the standards we jail them as
well.