From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 11:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Domains Separated by Firewall

Hi:

We are doing an AD/E2K3 migration, and we have a scenario that I haven't
found covered in the archives:

Our AD forest presently consists of an empty forest root, with a single
child domain. We have a division, however, with significantly higher
security requirements than the rest of the organization. Presently, they are
running Exchange 55 as a site within our organization but with a separate NT
domain with NO trust between our domains. They are separated from us by a
firewall, with the only connectivity between us being port 102 (x400), and
all communication must be initiated from their side. No resource sharing
other than email is required, and no cross-domain authentication is needed.

I'm looking at setting them up as a separate domain in our forest, with an
SMTP site link for directory replication. We will be kicking the tires in
the lab, but does anyone have any real-life experiences (traumas, acquired
phobias,
etc.) with similar scenarios?

Thanks,

Andy