Hello,

We are in the process of planning our migration from NT 4 to Windows 2000 AD.  Last
year we deployed a minimal AD site in order to roll-out Exchange 2000 for our users.
User accounts and mailboxes were created in the new domain but no users were migrated.
 Some initial testing with the ADMT indicates that it will not produce the desired
results.

At this time I can see 2 possible plans of action and I'm looking for some better
options.  (Like maybe another way to migrate the SID's to the new accounts in AD or a
way to get ADMT to update the existing accounts instead of replacing them).

Plan 1:  Back up all the user mailboxes, wipe the AD accounts, use ADMT to move all
the accounts/gropus, and then restore mailbox data.

Plan 2:  Spend the time to develop custom scripts that will add/create the appropriate
groups and script as much of the migration as possible.

Currently we have close to 150 groups for around 400 users and multiple file servers
so the thought of doing a manual migration process is pretty painful.  If anybody has
any suggestions or thoughts I'd much appreciate the feedback.

Thank you!
Adam Morris