>>Yes, I have checked the logs and there are only errors for disabled
accounts that have not been deleted.

I know that this is NOT the cause of your current problem, but I strongly
advise you to NOT ignore these errors. The more of them you get, the more
performance impact your Exchange server sees.

See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278966 on how to fix/prevent the errors.
I got a tool (from PSS, I think) called NoMas.exe that goes through AD and
associate unassociated disabled accounts appropriately. Next time you speak
with PSS, mention your "Event ID 9548" problem to them and request that they
give you something like NoMas.

Sincerely,

Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services