-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Almeida Pinto,
Jorge de
Sent: Freitag, 22. Juli 2005 15:52
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org; activedir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Hiding an OU

each time you create an OU beneath that OUx remove from the OUs
authenticated users. The objects in the OU also have authenticated users
and everyone explicitely defined. you also need to get rid of those too.
Remove the members of the Pre-Windows 2000 compatible Access group (if
possible and this depends if you have legacy apps or servers)

remember that if you use the default MS admin groups (account
operators,etc) those members can still see and do actions they have
permissions configured for.

Removing auth. users and everyone makes sure those groups do not have
the ability to see the values of properties of those objects. However
they will still see the objects itself (visual) to prevent that also you
need to use the "list object" permission which is not availabel by
default. Use List Object permissions, if users are not supposed to see
the existance of specific objects

To activate (for whole AD forest) change the DSHeuristics property on
the Directory Service object to 001:
cn=Directory Service,cn=Windows
NT,cn=Services,cn=Configuration,dc=ForestRootDomain
Use in combination with the LIST CONTENT permission on parent container
(Caution: if used wrong, you could revoke access to sections or all of
your Active Directory)

Cheers
#JORGE#