Yup information overload 'is' a problem.

And then after the scale its... okay what the heck is the server trying to tell me?

I'm still a fan of www.eventid.net over microsoft.com's click here.

Rick Kingslan wrote:

And, as you know that does work well in SBSland.  However, when the scale
grows, so do the requirements.  IN the Medium to Enterprise space, the idea
is more along the lines of a system or series of systems pumping this type
of information into paging and making intelligent decisions based on the
audit, event, alerts, services, etc.

Which, is right where MOM 2005 drops into the picture.  If it _IS_ the event
aggregator, or if it's pushing up to a bigger overall item such as HP
OpenView - that data is available.  It's just that instead of getting an
e-mail per server (most admins would just begin to create a rule to send
these to DEV/NUL after a while...) MOM collects, enforces and reports this
same type of information.

Scale makes the problem much tougher, as I'm sure you can imagine....

Rick [msft]
--
Posting is provided "AS IS", and confers no rights or warranties ...