From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Deji Akomolafe
Sent: 17 August 2006 16:51
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] FMSO roles split, patch question.

This will be one of the rare occassions I disagree with Jorge. I see no usefulness in this ping pong exercise. DC dies in the process of patching and it is the one holding a specific FSMO role. So what? Just seize the role and wipe the server and do your cleanup and reinstall.

Due dilligence is to test your patches and ensure that they don't take your servers/infrastructure down before you proceed with deploying them on your live environment.

Sincerely,
   _____
                               (/
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
www.akomolafe.com - we know IT
-5.75, -3.23
Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -anon