To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:37 PM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Secure LDAP queries from the outside --> problem solved

Hi joe,
The CRL location is *not* available from the outside. And since neither adfind, ldp or Outlook Express seemed to care, I am guessing that not many (any?) tools require it. Kinda makes ya wonder why you would have it if it's not used. Sorta like not using the book of bad credit card numbers when someone handed you a credit card! (maybe some of you are old enough to remember this safeguard before there were computers everywhere! LOL!).

Mike Thommes