Don’t think that auto disabling them when they don’t follow your organizational rules is too harsh. They will be certain to follow the rule in the future.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bahta, Nathaniel V CTR USAF NASIC/SCNA
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 2:58 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Seperate Administrator password policy

I thought about that, but that does not prohibit you from setting a password less than 15 characters.  I thought about setting it up to run on a changenotify event and then if the length was less than 15, disable the account, but I think that is a bit harsh.  I dont know of a way of stopping the setting of a password less than 15 characters without a actual subdomain.  That PPE looks like it would do the trick, but I dont think we are being given third party tools to implement this security measure.

Nate