What does that have to do with reading how many characters someones password is?  I know how to find out the minimum password lengths value, but that is not what we are concerned with.  We are concerned with how long the actual password is.  Be it 15 or 20 or 8 characters, that is what we are looking for.  If I wanted to read AD attributes this would be fairly elementary, hardly worth a google search.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Za Vue
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 6:28 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Seperate Administrator password policy

Come on.. You mean searching for a _vbscript_ to check password length yields nothing on Google.com?

Here is a start:
==================================
Dim User
Dim UserName
Dim UserDomain
UserDomain = "DomainToManage"
UserName = "UserName"
Set User = GetObject("WinNT://" & UserDomain & "/" & UserName & ",user")
Response.Write user.PasswordMinimumLength

Perhaps username can be changed to domain admins and use GPO to apply to the admin group? Anyway, I am sure some can finish the rest.

-Z.V.

NOTE: Make sure you have the latest scripting engines on the workstation you run this script from. Download the latest scripting engines here: Microsoft Scripting Home Page

Bahta, Nathaniel V CTR USAF NASIC/SCNA wrote:
Yeah thats what me and my coworkers have been debating, what method to use to check password length.  We are looking through perl modules to see if there are any that can actually do what we are talking about.  So far no luck with it, but the search continues.  Do you know of any module that does what we speak of?