From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ramon Linan
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 10:42 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] DNS DOCUMENTATION

HI,

I have one of my client that has AD integrated DNS.

The internet domain is the same that the AD domain. (domain.com)

They have ns1 and ns2 to handle the internet domain, meaning mx, www, A ,etc records for domain.com, those are the external DNS servers.

And they also have several internal dns servers for AD.

The thing is I am able to query ns1 and ns2 from outside the office and find out everything for the domain, global catalogs, DC, etc

Is this the correct way to do it?

Anybody knows a good white paper or similar that deals with AD integrated DNS, internal and external dns, etc?

Thanks

Rezuma