Plenty of folks have “defcon” envelopes stored in a safe or locked cabinet in their offices.

It’s poorly worded – but I don’t think they are suggesting slapping a sticky under your keyboard or in your desk drawer.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Mulnick
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:36 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] OT: admin account in Vista

"Write down your username and password and store it in a safe location."

That's an interesting departure from the usual recommendations. ;-)

On 9/6/06, Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Windows Vista Security : Built-in Administrator Account Disabled:
http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsvistasecurity/archive/2006/08/27/windowsvistasecurity_.aspx

--
Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days?
http://www.threatcode.com

If you are a SBSer and you don't subscribe to the SBS Blog... man ... I will hunt you down...
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs