I've seen that work Ok if used with forwarding.  I think I'd prefer stub zones though.

On 9/15/06, HBooGz <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Thanks Al.

I will monitor the link and check to see if any latency or packet loss occurs and if so, if it coincides with the zone expiring.

what about the second part of the question ? would you recommend dns delgation ?

On 9/15/06, Al Mulnick < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>From what I've seen, the timeout can also be attributed to the transfer failing for whatever reason.  If, during the transfer the entire zone is not copied, then you hit an error.

This sounds like some network issues or you're behind in your patching.  Have you verified that there are no network issues going on?  Maybe a saturated network link? Dropped packets? High latency between the servers?

I've seen similar issues with DNS servers.  In my case they were network related, but it's odd that they drop and don't come back.  Might be a good time to verify that your patches are up to date on those machines.