Both forests can be "connected" to each other as long as within the
connected environment each domain name is unique (NetBIOS and DNS)...

So if you have a forest called DOMAIN.COM (NetBIOS = DOMAIN) and another
forest called SUB.DOMAIN.COM (NetBIOS = SUB) you can connect them to
each and setup trusts between the forests.

jorge

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx