Title: userAccountControl 544

I think I’ve figured it out.  J  Thanks all.

:m:dsm:cci:mvp | marcusoh.blogspot.com

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Oh, Marcus (CCI-Atlanta)
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 11:57 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] userAccountControl 544

Trying to understand this value.  Seeing it set on some of my user objects.  So … 512 would be a normal user but 32 means that no password is required.  When a new user object is created, my understanding (by reading quite a few threads) is that 544 is the default uac.  Does this sound right?

Is there a point when something doesn’t need to listen to domain policy?  It should fail to meet standards by the password length… now, I’m not sure how I can verify the actual password is set to nothing.  One on particular account, I’ve tried logging in with a blank password but get a bad password failure.

Thanks all!