Title: userAccountControl 544
You have to love the new bitwise capabilities of admod... I love it and and have to say how cool it is even though I wrote the darn functionality. Very very useful. :)  The new admod cuts down considerably on the _vbscript_ I have to write now.

--
O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition - http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Williams
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:48 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] userAccountControl 544

If you create with ADSI, e.g. _vbscript_, and don't set a password before the initial setInfo you get 2 + 32 + 512.  If you then set the password, you can un-set 32.  If you don't set a password and you have a password restriction policy, you cannot un-set 32 or 2.

Setting the password won't change the value of userAccountControl, you have to do that by yourself.

Note.  Although it doesn't really do much if you have password policies in place, it is probably not recommended to set 32, therefore you need to instruct your provisioning people on how to properly create a user object.

Note also.  The cookbook code (http://techtasks.com/code/viewbookcode/1555) will end up with a value of 544.  So you need to take this into account and set uac at the end in addition to enabling the user (personally, I would not use accountDisabled() and would set uac to what I want).

If you want to go through what you have and correct this, assuming all users have a password, you can do this with ADMOD:

adfind -default -bit -f "&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(userAccountControl:AND:32)" userAccountControl -adcsv |admod userAccountControl::{{userAccountControl::CLR::32}} -unsafe

[Re] Note.  If you have a pwd policy in place, you must set passwords first.

--Paul