Hey folks....

Just a little confused here ... nodes  notes[domino????] Going back to the
original post there is no mention of nodes only Lotus Notes and clustering.
I am sort of wondering what people mean here?
What is meant when each says nodes and what does the poster mean when they say
notes?

Seems to me [and am more than happy to be put back on my box :-) ] seems that
the original poster wants to have mail servers in a DMZ and utilise MS
clustering services to achieve this with the servers? The advice gets a bit
confusing but my interpretation and I am agreeing with this interpretation (can
one do that ..??) is that
1 It is OK to create a domain in a DMZ.
2 It is not advisable to make that domain part of a forest that has its source
internal to the DMZ and thus best for it to be its own forest.
3 The DC's in that forest are best not to be nodes within the clustered servers.
4 It is fine to create a domino or other email server in a cluster.
5 You need a domain and therefore an AD to institute a Cluster.
6 Normal practice applies when creating a domain/forest with respect to FSMOs,
GC, DNS, service accounts, and redundancy.

I am not sure if this covers an internet pages server [IIS??] but that too
would apply as above and could also reside within a cluster depending on what
and how the rest is planned to be put together.

If I have part or all of this wrong I apologise in advance
Cheers:
Max Wohlgehagen