After changing your password over a vpn connection typically Windows xp will warn you to lock and unlock your machine to update your local credentials.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Hogenauer
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:46 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Change a password over PPTP Windows Domain

-  Yes- sorry.

Our remote users use Windows XP Pro and connect to the Corp network via PPTP once online.  Yes, they can use Ctrl+Alt+Del to change password but since they are logged in to their laptops locally using a cached account once they change their passwords they cannot get back into the latop.

I'm trying to find a way that users can change they passwords over PPTP and not get locked out of their laptops

Thanks!

Mike