________________________________

        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Wang
        Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 17:38
        To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
        Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] How to completely isolate a DC?

        The change is to raise domain functional from Windows 2000
native to Windows 2003 mode.

        As I understand, once I raised domain function level, the
ntMixedDomain attribute will be changed along with other functions (like
domain controller rename,user password support on the InetOrgPerson
objectClass, etc).

        I want to test it on a isolated production DC first. Just in
case something happened, we can shutdown this DC without impact the
whole domain. Other than physical isolation or put a firewall in front
of the DC, is there any way to do it?

        Thanks!

        Andy