________________________________

        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kamlesh Parmar
        Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 2:51 PM
        To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
        Subject: [ActiveDir] Bulk of client going to PDC

        Hi Guys,

        We are facing some strange issue, randomly clients from some
sites are going to PDCe for group policy refresh,along with screensaver
and wallpaper stored in netlogon.

        Clients are ignoring their nearest DC, and approaching PDCe.

        All DCs : Win2k3 SP1
        All Clients: XP SP2

        I verified,
        1) DNS entries for site DC are correct.
        2) Netlogon and Sysvol folder of site DC are accessible.
        3) Verified the clients are authenticating with site DC by :
nltest.exe  /sc_query:DOMAIN
        4) Verified DFS info for netlogon and sysvol on clients is
correct :  dfsutil.exe  /pktinfo

        I am clueless where else, should I look?

        --
        Kamlesh

This email was sent to you by Reuters, the global news and information company.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Ltd.