________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Laura A.
Robinson
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 8:22 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] dynamic variables within an event log entry?

1. This is one of the eight gazillion reasons to discourage the use of
accounts that are Domain Admins for routine purposes that can be
achieved without that level of rights.

2. By default, when a member of the Domain Admins group creates an
object in the directory, the Domain Admins group becomes the owner of
the object. That is by design.

3. When I create an object with an account that is a member of Domain
Admins, the creator of the object shows as that account, not as Domain
Admins. Why aren't you just looking at that value in the event logs,
rather than looking at the ownership of the object? That's why auditing
allows tracking of who creates/modifies/deletes directory objects.

Laura