If it's so well baked then how do you support multiple remote offices with
slow VPN links, or none at all? How do you support field users without a
VPN client, or using an SSL based VPN? Making us use two different images
(one for each key type) isn't a solution since it doubles our support work
and clients may move from one model to the other. There are plenty of
situations where it just doesn't work well for IT in the real world.

Thanks,
Andrew Fidel

"Laura A. Robinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
12/05/2006 04:43 PM
Please respond to
ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org

<ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [ActiveDir] OT: Vista Activation and KMS

The Windows Server 2003 KMS host will be out soon. In the meantime, Vista
is
perfectly acceptable to use and it's incredibly simple to decommission it
as
a KMS host when you implement a Win2K3 host. No TAM support needed.

Again, I'd really encourage people to thorougly read the documents I
referenced before, because I'm seeing a lot of confusion on this list that
indicates that people aren't really understanding how this works (not you
in
particular, Susan, just a general comment as I've been watching the VLA
comments for a little while).

Or if you're Neil, you can schedule a LiveMeeting and I'll explain it,
because Neil's company is one of my district's customers. ;-)

Laura