To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 12:12 PM
Subject: [ActiveDir] Mapping Groups within AD

Does anyone know a good location to find visual studio coders that have
worked with both AD and Visio.

I found some resources at Microsoft

Generating Active Directory Diagrams with Visio 2003 and Visual Studio
.NET 2003
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa662190(office.11).aspx

The problem being they show you how to search for users in a certain OU
that match a job title and department.  Doesn't quite get what I want.

I need to create a nice Visio drawing that show the respective groups
and groups that group is a member of and any groups that are a member of
that group. I would really hate to do the 400 or so groups by hand
specially when it needs updated down the road because of changes.

i.e.

DL-Finance        Company ALL
 GL-Finance

 GL-Finance Managers

I have looked at NetDOC AD  http://www.dataassist.de/en/index.php?id=84
and while it might do some of it, it doesn't recursively look up the
line to see what the groups might be members of.