From: Yann
Sent: Tue 1/23/2007 2:16 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE : RE: [ActiveDir] Question about DNS SRV registration.

Steve,

Thanks for fast reply;
My example is the reflect of what i had in real production.

So in my production, i have about 15 sites AD and we are in the process of
migration (adding more sites).

So you mean that i have to create 15 child dns domain and set each DCs in each
site authoriatative for their respective child domain ?

It seems to be a lot of work ... but i will follow into your direction.

Thanks again,

Yann

"Molkentin, Steve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
Yann,

Create a child DNS domain for the site containing DCb, and establish DCb as the
authoritative server for that domain. If you have resources in Sitea you'll
then need to ensure there is a forwarder set up for resolution, etc. Remember
that separate DNS domains can exist within the one logical windows domain.

At least I think this would solve your problem...

themolk.