Lance wrote: > It should be easy to download a .zip file from Github and run it > locally without any Git knowledge. But yes, you would need to know a > little Git in order to help improve the demo with patches. My real > question, though, is whether the demo should be hosted. I don't have > time to maintain it, so perhaps it's better to encourage people to > download it where they are in a better position to troubleshoot > problems and help make it better. > > Thoughts? >
I think the demo serves three purposes 1) Screenshots (well better really) to show what the project is about 2) Examples of the main techniques so that people can learn how to do most stuff from the example 3) Validates the testing and shows that current git source isn't broken - this implies that there is a timely way to checkout git source to the demo... I have some hosting that we use for our business, but we don't have a huge amount of capacity to run the demo. I do have a dreamhost account that I can loan, but the disadvantage is that dreamhost is relatively slow and unreliable, if it's made clear that any flakiness is not down to AS then it might work ok... Let me know if there is anything I can do to help? Ed W --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/activescaffold?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
