I don't think it's that simple. They are like cockroaches. They survived 
where dinosaurs perished.

Here is what the inventor of Email, 'Ray Tomlinson', has to say:

*Q: How do you feel about spam and what should be done about it?*

I get irked when I get spam. It's a tough problem and I'd like to see a 
solution come along. So far the solutions aren't working. Either they 
filter too much or they're not effective when they should be. They don't 
do what humans would do. Why did that email come through? And why didn't 
that legitimate one get through? No, I don't think legislation will 
work. I hate legislative solutions. It just doesn't sit well. I'd like 
to think people have the common sense not to spam, but obviously they 
don't. It's still possible we may have a technological solution for it. 
I would like to see that. I'm not spending any time on it myself. The 
other stuff I'm working on now is more interesting to me. I didn't have 
any association with email after the late '70s. I watched it from afar 
but I didn't participate.

More at:
http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/1408411

-Sri

Pradeep Gatram wrote:
> Is it possible to block a user like this? This particular person has
> posted numerous useless posts on various google groups, I guess with
> the intent of improving google page rank for the linked sites.
>   

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/activescaffold?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to