El Wednesday 25 March 2009 15:33:14 Wes Gamble escribió:
> Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables - Symbol Servicios Informáticos S.L. ::.
>
> wrote:
> > El Sunday 22 March 2009 08:17:18 Wes Gamble escribió:
> >
> > I have a fairly complex custom find call that I need to do in some
> > instances for an AS index view.  conditions_for_collection will only
> > handle conditions, correct?  Is there any hook so that I can provide
> > other find options like :joins or :limit?
> >
> >
> > You can define an active_scaffold_joins method, like
> > active_scaffold_conditions, and you can set the limit in your controller
> > AS config:
> > config.list.per_page
> > http://wiki.github.com/activescaffold/active_scaffold/api-list
>
> Sergio,
>
> I need to do a join to a HABTM association table - currently I'm doing
> it as a subquery via conditions_for_collection, as in:
>
> "id IN (SELECT medical_facility_id FROM
> medical_facilities_medical_facility_categories WHERE
> medical_facility_category_id = #...@medical_facility_category_id})" if
> @medical_facility_category_id
>
> How would I write the active_scaffold_joins (or looks like I should use
> active_scaffold_habtm_joins) to handle this case?

Sorry, I was wrong.
conditions_for_collection is for set :conditions option of rails find.
joins_for_collection is for set :joins option of ActiveRecord's find method.

Do you know build the sql with ActiveRecord's find method?
MedicalFacility.find :all, :joins => :medical_facility_categories, :conditions 
=> ['medical_facility_categories.id = ?', @medical_facility_category_id]

So you define these methods:
def conditions_for_collection
  ['medical_facility_categories.id = ?', @medical_facility_category_id]
end

def joins_for_collection
  [:medical_facility_categories]
end

-- 
Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables S.L. ::.
Nicolás Guillén 6, locales 2 y 3. 50.018 Zaragoza
T) 902 021 404 F) 976 52 98 07 E) [email protected]

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/activescaffold?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

  • co... Wes Gamble
    • ... Kenny Ortmann
      • ... Kenny Ortmann
      • ... Wes Gamble
    • ... Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables - Symbol Servicios Informáticos S.L. ::.
      • ... Wes Gamble
        • ... Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables - Symbol Servicios Informáticos S.L. ::.
          • ... Wes Gamble
            • ... Wes Gamble
              • ... Wes Gamble
                • ... Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables - Symbol Servicios Informáticos S.L. ::.
                • ... Mukund
                • ... Wes Gamble
                • ... Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables - Symbol Servicios Informáticos S.L. ::.
                • ... Wes Gamble
        • ... rbarton

Reply via email to